By James Spratt on Wed 12 October 2022
Every second counts where fire is concerned. The faster a fire is detected, the faster action can be taken in order to prevent more serious damage. The head start that WAGNER’S TITANUS aspirating smoke detectors offer can be crucial to a company’s continued existence. After all, fire is an ever-present risk that is not to be underestimated. Material assets, operational processes, people and the environment are always exposed to this threat, which is why appropriate fire protection solutions are so important.
According to statistics by Siegfried Bussenius, the majority of damaging fires (68 %) develop from prolonged smouldering fires. Traditional smoke detectors have a crucial disadvantage there: depending on whether they are optical fire detectors or heat detectors, these smoke detectors will only react to high concentrations of smoke or increased temperatures within the protected area. By that time, it is often too late to implement countermeasures.
WAGNER’s highly sensitive aspirating smoke detection systems offer early smoke detection in the pyrolysis phase along with graduated alarms. High response sensitivity, continuous aspirating, and a graded alarm-activation concept ensure early detection of smouldering and incipient fires, so that users have time to react to alarms appropriately.
- Offers a head start over traditional point-type smoke detectors thanks to its reliable early alarm triggering.
- Dust, dirt, and exhaust gases are no problem: Intelligent LOGICSENS signal processing distinguishes fire patterns from false alarms.
- TITANUS works securely and dependably even under tough environmental conditions such as unfavourable air flows or poor accessibility.
- TITANUS aspirating smoke detectors can be used at temperatures as low as -40°C and as high as +60°C.
- Easy accessibility minimises inspection costs and enables maintenance without interrupting operation.
- High modularity guarantees a cost-effective solution adapted to the customer’s requirements as well as easy retrofitting and conversion.
- The ceiling ducts and aspirating points are virtually invisible. The detection unit can be installed in a concealed location.